ICFM Webinar No. 3 will be held on November 5, 2020, 21:30-22:30 (CST) and invite experts to discuss relevant issues. It will focus on the scientific and social-economic context of the 8th edition of the International Conference on Flood Management (ICFM8) and its theme — “lowering risk by increasing resilience”.
First, the webinar will place the ICFM8 within the context of the ICFM conference series. Subsequently, the presentation will profile the hosts of the ICFM8: the Iowa Flood Center (IFC), and IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering at the University of Iowa. Last, open discussions will evolve around the scientific and socio-economic drivers shaping the ICFM8 along with key dates and informational resources about the conference.
All are welcomed to join the webinar and constructive discussions are expected.
- Overview of the ICFM conference series
- IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering and Iowa Flood Center – Advances in flood monitoring and prediction
- ICFM8 - Lowering risk by increasing resilience
- Open discussions
- Marian Muste – Research Engineer, IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering, the University of Iowa, Iowa City, U.S.A., Chair of the ICFM8 Conference
- Slobodan P. Simonovic - Water Resources Specialist, ICFM Chairperson, Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Gabriele Villarini –Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, the University of Iowa, Iowa City, U.S.A.; Director of IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering, the University of Iowa
- Witold F. Krajewski – Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, the University of Iowa, Iowa City, U.S.A.; Director of the Iowa Flood Center, IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering
- Larry Weber – Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, the University of Iowa, Iowa City, U.S.A.; Co-founder of the Iowa Flood Center and former Director of IIHR—Hydroscience & Engineering, the University of Iowa
Watch the playback here or click the link
Presentations can be accessed here:
- Marian Muste
- Prof. Slobodan P. Simonovic
- Prof. Gabriele Villarini
- Prof. Witold F. Krajewski
- Prof. Larry Weber
Moderator: Zhang Cheng, Chairperson of the Permanent ICFM Secretariat, IWHR.
Technical support: Medcon Conference Service Platform (MEDCON)
320 participants attended the webinar from all over the world. Thank you for your interest and we hope that you will join our future online events and conferences.